Associations and institutions are welcome to apply to become members of the ALCC.
Australia's libraries and archives now have the option of accessing safe harbour's legal protections.
Since 29 December 2018, Australia’s libraries and archives (as well as schools and disability groups) have the option of accessing additional legal protections related to their activities as online service providers. If your institution provides public access computers or wi-fi, services that use caching, external reference links, or hosting services, these new provisions are relevant to you. The Guide below provides a basic description of the safe harbours and their requirements, including checklists and flowcharts (which can also be downloaded separately).
About the Guide
The following resources are available:
- Australia’s Online Service Provider Safe Harbours – Guide for Libraries and Archives
- Copyright safe harbour quick checklist (Quick checklist)
- Checklist A: Compliance steps for all institutions (Checklist A)
- Copyright safe harbour flowchart for all institutions (Flowchart A)
- Checklist B: Notice and takedown process for institutions providing hosting services (Checklist B)
- Copyright safe harbour flowchart for hosting institutions (Flowchart A)
Download the Guide, checklists and flowcharts
You can download the Guide, checklists and flowcharts in Portable Document Format (PDF) or Word Document Office Open XML (DOCX).