Associations and institutions are welcome to apply to become members of the ALCC.
Copyright protected material is only protected for the duration of copyright. After copyright has expired material passes into the public domain. Material in the public domain is not protected by copyright.
Copyright also does not protect:
- Information, facts, data, etc
- Concepts, styles, techniques, etc
- Equations, formulas, recipes, etc
- Mass produced fashion and utilitarian objects
- Single words, names, titles, slogans
- People and their image
And copyright does not protect inventions, brands, utilitarian objects or circuit layouts, which are protected by other areas of intellectual property – patent, trade mark, designs and circuit layouts respectively